Monday 1 August 2011

On birthdays and calendars...

Crikey - that's large! It sure shows up the imperfections! 
It's a sign...to wish my friend what you all know as Lunch Lady Jan, a really tremendously Happy Birthday.  She's achieving the big Hawaii today.  Five Oh.  Wow, and still she's a bad influence.  Do you know that only a week ago she was in my back garden holding a cherry stone spitting competition.  Man, she can spit.  Although I think I won. Nice cherries Missus!
I was in the habit of posting a picture of my calendar layout on the first of each month,  but I've lost momentum and haven't done one for August.  Yet.   Indeed, July actually replaced the March page on my wall this year. Shocking, huh!  It's weird.  Since I've been in charge of the business diary, I haven't referred to the wall calendar.  I need to correct that - it's usefulness encouraged others to write on it and enabled me to keep track (sometimes) of where I and my little car was expected to be on any given day.  And there's a rumour going around that me and ScrapLady Ally are doing another Year In A Day Calendar event..so I should jolly well get some practice in.  Meanwhile, another example of quite how all over the place this year is...yep - I'm basking in sunshine and digging out Christmas stamps for a workshop a week on Thursday.  I've been whingeing all over WOYWWers desks about starting too early, and now I find myself hoist by my own petard!  My word, if only that were unusual!  


A quick word : huge thanks for all your advice about my shoulder....am taking most of it, so will not bang on...it'll pass.  

16 comments:

Angie said...

Enjoying the little sunshine we have and preping for Xmas at the same time, just does not seem right lol xx

Kate said...

Happy birthday Lunch Lady Jan.

** Kate **

Di said...

Super fun card! Cherry stone spitting competition indeed, I thought you and Jan were such ladies too ;) Di xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'll stop by Lunch Lady Jan's and wish her a proper birthday wish. As for you, I may need to start Christmas sooner than I did last year, since I kept telling WOYWWers it was too soon. Then when Dec 15 got here, I was just starting. Good luck with your workshop.

JoZart Designs said...

So if a cherry tree seedling (or 20 or 30) appears next year you'll know how it got there. You could always set up a plant stall on the market!
Don't mention the "Ch*****as" word please, can't cope... head in sand suffocating from panic.....let me out!!
joZarty x

Pam said...

I'm sure a few rays from the fab weather we have been unseasonaly having at the moment will do your shoulder the world of good. I'm not thinking about the C word until my summer holiday has passed and the new stampin up catalouge is released in September. Hugs Pam

Sally said...

Ooh sounds like a fab afternoon! Lol Lunch 'Lady' Jan hehehe. Loverly piece, how do I get me one of those union flag stamps-I MUST have one please :) (not like the hougie board-see blog :( :( :( lol)
Happy 5 0 Lunch Lady Jan...for some reason Blogger's not allowing me to post on her own blog.
*hugs* Sal x

misteejay said...

Wishing Lunch Lady Jan a Happy Birthday.

Enjoy your Christmas prep Julia.

Toni xx

Dragon said...

Oh my... I have been forced to that this year as my DT work has meant I have had stamps sent to make samples for use on Create and Craft!!! But Crimble in July is just WRONG!!! Hope the shoulder improves...
Frankie
xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ha hoist by your own petard, Julia!..
I so often have that dilemma too, and a VERY happy birthday to Lunch lady Jan.. how great is that!.. and you did not invite me to join the cherry spitting comp... now we used to be ace at watermelon seed spitting comps, then they they started making them seedless - next thing you know they will be doing same to cherries! love Shaz in Oz.x

Sandra said...

Oh I really like this card :)

Neet said...

Stone spitting sounds like a good idea. Maybe if we all do it it will catch on as an Olympic Sport.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Wishing Lunch Lady Jan a wonderful Happy Birthday.
I hate it, I put it off, but it always works, when my shoulder goes out..the ChIRO is my only help, why I wait I'll never know. JUST DO IT.
No way could I work on Christmas this time of year it is 110 degrees out and Santa's no where to be found. I think my DH would have me committed. When he sees my workspace he shakes his had in disbelief.

Pam said...

Heeheeehee. The Hawaii five oh. Dang. Already got to that one and missed the connect - leave it to Julia to link up those dots! HB to the Lunch lady and her winning cherry spitting and card making and sewing and fill in the blanking. Wishing her 5 x 10 more!

The Crafty Elf said...

Julia....I loved your post and I'm not sure what happened. I thought I left a comment but for some reason it didn't show hmm?????? Not quite sure what happened here, I'm so confused. Wait till you read my post, I hope you're OK with it because I had a ton of fun writing it....LOL

Anonymous said...

[url=http://albendazole.tech/]generic albendazole[/url] [url=http://buy-hydrochlorothiazide.kim/]hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg cp[/url] [url=http://generic-effexor.cricket/]effexor xr[/url] [url=http://buyphenergan.space/]phenergan vc[/url]